CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 4, 2008

Big Fun Day!

I just tried a twist with the shiny stones technique and got incredible results: I used glossy 4x6 inkjet photo paper, inked as directed, then spritzed lightly w/ windex. I tapped on pearlex using a mini buki makeup brush, then I sprayed with hairspray and did a little manipulation... then I dry stamped the surface with some cool stamps, gave another spray of hairspray and heat set with the heat gun. As soon as they dry completely I'll post.
If that isn't bad enough I decided to try the faux chipboard technique on a book cover using the gothic arch shape (I have a problem I think). Of course I couldn't find my gesso, but at least I found my adhesive backed foam sheets. Anyway, I made gesso from scratch using white glue, taylors chalk and white acrylic paint. It actually worked!
I have destroyed the kitchen, but it sure was fun! Pictures to follow...

0 comments: